SWAP MEET - OCTOBER 30, 2021

Upcoming swap announcements, vendors

Moderators: Stevejulio, CindyS, eric_from_richwood

eric_from_richwood

SWAP MEET - OCTOBER 30, 2021

Post by eric_from_richwood »

PLEASE SEE MORE POSTS BELOW - CONTAINING UPDATED INFO - VENDORS, ETC.
SIXTH update Oct. 18. See updated list of Vendors Names...scroll down please...
WE'RE NOW UP TO 39 TABLES SOLD. YOU SNOOZE?...YOU LOSE! GET YOUR VENDOR TABLE SOON!

GCAS SWAP MEET
SATURDAY OCTOBER 30, 2021
DOORS OPEN TO BUYERS – 11:00 AM TO 2:00 PM
HARRY WILKS CONFERENCE CENTER – HAMILTON CAMPUS of MIAMI UNIVERSITY
1601 UNIVERSITY BLVD. HAMILTON OHIO 45011

VENDORS TABLES (2’ x 6’) ARE $25.ea. PayPal ONLY. .
Send PayPal payments to: PAYGCAS@GCAS.ORG – WITH THE FOLLOWING:
Name(s) – cell phone – email address. Be sure to include the name of ANY person that you might be sharing a vendor’s table with. LIMIT of TWO persons / vendors per 6' table. ONLY submitted names will be permitted to bring any item(s) into the swap meet.

ADMISSION FEE OF $3. PER PERSON - cash ONLY - at the door.

PAYMENTS FOR VENDORS TABLES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE – UNLESS THE STATE OF OHIO OR MIAMI UNIVERSITY CANCELLS THE EVENT.

ITEMS OFFERED FOR SALE ARE TO BE ANYTHING RELATED TO THE AQUATIC FISH KEEPING OR PLANT HOBBY. SALES OF OTHER ITEMS IS NOT PERMITTED – INCLUDING SALES OF FOOD OR DRINK ITEMS. GCAS MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY ITEM PURCHASED. SALES ARE AGREEMENTS STRICTLY BETWEEN SELLERS AND BUYERS. THE ONLY PERSONS SELLING ANY ITEMS WILL BE THOSE WITH PAID VENDORS TABLES – ANYONE SELLING WITHOUT A PAID TABLE WILL BE REMOVED.

FISH – AQUATIC PLANTS – AQUARIUMS – FISH FOOD – SUPPLIES – GOOD PEOPLE – GOOD TIMES

THE Greater Cincinnati Aquarium Society Swap Meet has been a once per year event since 2006. October is one of the months in which we usually hold one of our two annual auctions. Since Covid-19 is “still a thing”, we’ve decided to host a second swap meet instead of an auction. Swap meets are shorter in duration, take fewer people to operate, and result in fewer “person-to-person interactions” …all while STILL having some GREAT Fish Fun with your fellow “fish-nerds”! If YOU want an October Swap Meet 2021 Table – ACT NOW!

NOTES REGARDING COVID-19:
THE UNIVERSITY AND GCAS WILL BE CONDUCTING THIS EVENT WITH COVID-19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS IN MIND, INCLUDING: THE POSSIBILITIY OF FACE MASKS BEING REQUIRED, AND NO FOOD OR BEVERAGE SERVICE AVAILIBILITY.
IF FACE MASKS ARE REQUIRED, THEY MUST COVER THE MOUTH AND THE NOSE AT ALL TIMES.
Eric Jacobsen
Swap Meet Chairman
ace

Re: SWAP MEET - OCTOBER 30, 2021

Post by ace »

Is it too early to ask what people are bringing? What vendors will be there??? :D :D
eric_from_richwood

Post by eric_from_richwood »

THIS POST IS BEING UPDATED AS VENDORS NAME ARE ADDED...
ace wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:31 pm Is it too early to ask what people are bringing? What vendors will be there??? :D :D
It might be a tad early, but I love your enthusiasm Jason!...I wish it were highly contagious!

Brantley - www.PlecoCaves.com will have 4 tables.
Christopher Benes (2 tables) - Owner of the soon to open LFS in Sharonville - www.FinspirationAquatics.com
Ken Saxon - www.kenstropicals.com - with 2 tables.

Hobbyists each with one table unless noted otherwise:
Teresa Carleton
Gary Hater
Michael Guilfoyle
Scott/Joni Kendall
Morgan Hamblin
Wayne Sexton
Rebecca Stacy
Joe Doyle (Caveman Creations) and Don/Dan Guman (from Pittsburgh area) (2 tables)
Jerry Reigel (2 tables)
Steve Yerkes (2 tables)
Dave Cook
Mark Murtaugh
Brandon Miner (2 tables)
Erv Gundrum / Tim Hargis
Steve Christman (2 tables)
Marcus Christy
Philip Johnson
Woody Parman
Craig Oliver
Fritz Bazeley
Steve Kalbli
Jamie Osborne
Mark Rapien
Brian Morrison / Rhonda Robertson (2 tables)

39 TABLES ARE NOW PAID FOR - AND WE'RE JUST UNDER TWO WEEKS FROM THE OCTOBER 30 SWAP MEET DATE. WE'RE CRUSING TOWARDS A SELL OUT...DON'T GET LEFT OUT...SEND YOUR VENDOR TABLE PAYMENT TODAY!

Plenty of people have "accepted Facebook invitations" - I'm expecting that easily 40 vendors tables will be on hand.

PayPal sent to PAYGCAS@GCAS.ORG - be sure to include Names of (max. 2) persons per table, email address and cell phone.

BeckyS19 got the ball rolling with her swap meet list...let's keep that going! Post your lists!!!
Eric Jacobsen
Swap Meet Chairman
BeckyS19

Post by BeckyS19 »

I will be bringing 20+ new in box Fluval U2, U3, and U4 filters, Endlers Livebearers, Albino Longfin Bristlenose Plecos, possibly some java moss, and regular fin Super Red bristlenose. I will be selling my breeding group of Super Reds as I'm making room for other stuff.
ace

Post by ace »

Getting closer......what is everyone else bringing?!? :D
Jerry R

Post by Jerry R »

I will be bringing the following.

Ancistrus Cheesecreek Pairs
Super Red Ancistrus Pairs
Albino Ancistrus Longfin Pairs

I will be updating my list over the next few weeks. Let me know if you are interested in anything and I will make sure to bring it. I know I will expand the fish list.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.
BeckyS19

Post by BeckyS19 »

Sorry to use the forum for this, but apparently I don't have enough posts to reply to a pm... RVS, I'm not sure on pricing yet, will depend on the size/quantity I bag them up, as I have them at different levels of maturity. I'm in Richmond IN and will not be in the Cincy area until the swap meet.
Woody513

Post by Woody513 »

I'll be bringing:

Trout Goodeids, aquarium strain (aka Goldbreast Goodeids), fry and sub-adults
Calico Bristlenose Plecos, juveniles

Giant Duckweed
Guppy Grass
Java Fern
Java Moss
Water Sprite
(plants are from snail free tanks)
Lenny L

Post by Lenny L »

Hey Eric, how do I get a swap meet table? Can I trade you some water lettuce for my vendor table? What time does it start? Can I get a table in the northwest corner no further than 3 feet equidistant from an outlet and a fire exit?

Sorry…little inside swap meet chair joke.

On a serious note, I’ll be there as a shopper to restock the brand new fishroom! Can’t wait to browse!!!

Return to “Swap meet”