Suggested improvements to the forum

Recommendations for the Cichlid Room Companion home page or error reporting
Jim Cumming

Re: Suggested improvements to the forum

Post by Jim Cumming »

Hey Smitty,
The conversion is 1 MB = `1000 kB, so your pic files would be 1.83 - 1.92 MB = 1830 - 1920 kB, much larger than the 256 kB (or .256 MB) allowed. I've had problems uploading some of my large file pics as well so I know how frustrating it can be. Recently I've been taking my photos using a lower resolution (smaller pixel count of 640x480) rather than larger pictures files.
-Jim
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them".
- Albert Einstein
smitty

Post by smitty »

Thanks for the tip.
150gal- Dovi's; 3 AC 110 P.Filters; 2 AC 110 P.Heads; Eheim 2217,2260
180gal- Managuense; 3 AC 110 P.Filters; 2 AC 110 P.Heads; Eheim 2217,2260; FX5
210gal- Argta,Bifsct,Fnstrtus,Maculcda,Regani,Syns,Zntus; 4 AC P.Filters; 2 AC P.Hds; Eheim 2250,2262; FX5
Juan Artigas
Administrator

Post by Juan Artigas »

That is correct, maximum size is for an image is currently 256 KB, you may use any graphic application (even some Microsoft free power toys if you use windows) to make the pictures smaller, my suggestion is make then 800 pixels wide, which then should easily accommodate in 256 KB.
Juan Miguel Artigas
Editor

The Cichlid Room Companion
http://www.cichlidae.info
smitty

Post by smitty »

Has this forum even considered going to a better format for posting pictures and video. Something that would mirror Cichlidmadness.com or ACA forums. This is a very cumbersome way, not to mention outdated way to post pictures. I had some nice shots that I wanted to post but it said that the photos exceeded the max size of 256Kib. What is the reason for lack of change. Granted I am not a very savvy computer person but still posting pictures and videos for everyone enjoyment and inspiration should not be this difficult.
210gal- Argta,Bifsct,Fnstrtus,Maculcda,Regani,Syns,Zntus; 4 AC P.Filters; 2 AC P.Hds; Eheim 2250,2262; FX5
Lisachromis
Administrator

Post by Lisachromis »

I'll check, but I believe the limit is because Juan has to pay fees for storage/bandwidth personally. I know he prefers to keep the pictures with the thread as they no longer makes sense if people take down the photos on hosted sites such as photobucket.
smitty

Post by smitty »

It is amazing what a simply explanation does. I get the point if that is indeed the reason. I was thinking that it had to do with outdated software. What are the sites that I can look at other than photobucket.
BSDGFD

Post by BSDGFD »

I've gotten so used to it this way, I think I'd have to readjust if we went back to the black color! The information is all the same, so I'm happy either way.
splitrock

Post by splitrock »

Hi,
I've just registered and can't seem to leave any posts, they are being deleted.
I'm trying to find a particular fish (female Cryptoheros sajica) and my messages are being removed with the suggestion to send private messages or post to the Trading Post.
Well, the PM option is not functioning and I can't find the Trading Post section.
Can anyone please help?
Thanks!
Last edited by splitrock on Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lisachromis
Administrator

Post by Lisachromis »

Your account was not properly activated until now. Posts are not being deleted but are moderated until one of the moderators can get to them. Once your account is approved, then the pm function becomes available to you. As to the Trading Post section, which one are you looking for? The one for the main site (CRC), the one for GCAS; or the one for OCA?
splitrock

Post by splitrock »

Lisachromis wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:19 pm Your account was not properly activated until now. Posts are not being deleted but are moderated until one of the moderators can get to them. Once your account is approved, then the pm function becomes available to you. As to the Trading Post section, which one are you looking for? The one for the main site (CRC), the one for GCAS; or the one for OCA?
Now I cannot PM that person because you blocked me from accessing the thread I was interested in LOL ---> "Information
You are not authorised to read this forum."

I'm not sure which "Trading Post" this suggests I should use: "Post disapproved: "Official SWAP 2021 Lists of For Sale Fish/Goods"
Reason: The reported message is off topic. Make a post in the Trading Post or send a direct PM."
Lisachromis
Administrator

Post by Lisachromis »

Aahh. I see. That's for GCAS. Are you a member of GCAS? That is in their member forum area.
CindyS

Post by CindyS »

splitrock wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:49 am
Lisachromis wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:19 pm Your account was not properly activated until now. Posts are not being deleted but are moderated until one of the moderators can get to them. Once your account is approved, then the pm function becomes available to you. As to the Trading Post section, which one are you looking for? The one for the main site (CRC), the one for GCAS; or the one for OCA?
Now I cannot PM that person because you blocked me from accessing the thread I was interested in LOL ---> "Information
You are not authorised to read this forum."

I'm not sure which "Trading Post" this suggests I should use: "Post disapproved: "Official SWAP 2021 Lists of For Sale Fish/Goods"
Reason: The reported message is off topic. Make a post in the Trading Post or send a direct PM."

Hi, If you are a GCAS paid member please send me a PM with your first & last name so it can be confirmed on the member list. Once I get that confirmation, then we can give you access to the member only section. Thanks

Return to “Suggestions”