what if I search for a certain species?

Recommendations for the Cichlid Room Companion home page or error reporting
sidguppy

what if I search for a certain species?

Post by sidguppy »

and searching as in: not info but the fishes themselves?

where can I -if so- put it?

I'm asking this because many forums have a "wanted/for sale" section, but I cannot find it here

the reason I want to pester you people with this is my choice of fish

if I was still keeping Tanganyikans, a wee bit of travel and perhaps 1 other country (Germany, next to homey Netherlands) would be sufficient

now I got myself into serious trouble because of severe Madagascar addiction

and you wouldn't believe how much Madfish keepers are spread out........there are very very few and they are spread out all over mainland Europe, the UK and the US

can I put such a topic in the Madagascar section or should it be elsewhere?

greetings
Alex
"And he piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it"
Jean-Luc Picard
Lisachromis
Administrator

Re: what if I search for a certain species?

Post by Lisachromis »

We discussed having a for sale/trade/wanted section and decided against it.
We have it as rule 4 on the forum rules post.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=543&p=2250
4. No selling/trading of fish on the forum (except by sponsors in their own section of the forum). The administrators of the forum would prefer to not have any business transactions taking place on the board. We cannot control whether or not these transactions would work out well for both parties and as such would prefer to not deal with them here.
Basically we don't do it since we don't want any bad deals to reflect on the forum. People will assume that since it was posted here on the forum, that we are condoning the sale or the seller. If the deal goes bad, people assume that the person (business) involved and the forum are to blame. We also do not want to deal with flames, etc that can come from this sort of problem. I guess the best thing you can do is send pms to people who have them and ask if they're willing to sell them or know a source of them for you.
sidguppy

Re: what if I search for a certain species?

Post by sidguppy »

okidoki, tnx for the clear answer

note to self; no marketing :P
"And he piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it"
Jean-Luc Picard

Return to “Suggestions”